White Chocolate – Candy Cane Cheesecake
- The peppermint flavour in this cheesecake is very subtle. Next time around, I’m going to try doubling the amount of peppermint extract.
- I did not add the whipped topping, shaved chocolate or crushed candy to the top of the finished cake.
- With the addition of vanilla instead of peppermint extract, I think this would make a great base for a cookies and cream cheesecake… Yum!
- I did not cook this one in a water bath and the top did not crack.
- Overall, this was a great success!
- Rating: 4 out of 5
prep time: 20 min
HEAT oven to 325°F.
MIX crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
MELT 4 chocolate squares as directed on package. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add melted chocolate and extract; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended; pour over crust.
BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Grate remaining chocolate square. Top cheesecake with Cool Whip, crushed candy and grated chocolate just before serving.